Simply Pure: The Best Body Wash For Dry Sensitive Skin
What's on this page?
- Beyond The Label
- Preventing Dry Skin
- Your Best Body Wash for Dry, Sensitive Skin
With winter around the corner, we’re using our furnaces more and moisturizing less. Dry skin and hair is unavoidable because there is less and less moisture in the air, and in many cases, dry compromised skin can mean sensitive skin. While many cosmetic companies make so many claims on their fancy product bottles, do you really know what you are getting? Here is a simple breakdown of what you’ll want to look for and how to choose the best body wash for dry sensitive skin.
Beyond The Label
While shopping for any skincare product, it is absolutely imperative you turn the bottle around and pay attention to what is in what you are purchasing. This is especially true when choosing the best body wash for dry sensitive skin, because if you have a reaction you will have to find out what it is you are reacting to.
Common Ingredients That Can Cause Allergic Reactions:
- Fragrance: Most cosmetics contain some sort of fragrance. Whether it is a perfume intended to give the product a pleasant scent, or it is added to cover up the smell of the chemicals added, fragrances can cause all sorts of problems for people with sensitive skin. Although you may not be allergic to all fragrances, it might be best to look for products that are specifically made without, labeled fragrance or perfume free.
- Preservatives: Many skin care products contain preservatives to lengthen shelf life. If you want to find the best body wash for dry sensitive skin, it is best to look for something that is paraben free.
- Harsh Surfactants: Surfactants are ingredients that make soap lather, they tend to be alkali-based and are not all created equally, Look out for sodium hydroxide, or lye, which can be found in a lot of handmade soaps. This ingredient can be very harsh on sensitive skin, so can sulfates, which is common in products found in stores and salons alike,
- Essential Oils: When researching any kind of skin care, one is simply barraged by the benefits of essential oils. Essential oils are fantastic for treating all sorts of conditions, unless you are allergic to one of them. In this case it is best to avoid them, because they are often added in very concentrated amounts.
Preventing Dry Skin
The best way to treat dry skin is to do your best to avoid it in the first place. Now that you have the best body wash for dry sensitive skin, it is time to learn best practices for caring for skin that is difficult to keep moisturized.
First, keep hydrated. From the inside out, water plays the ultimate role of keeping our body going. This also includes keeping our skin strong and supple. So be sure to drink at least one anda half liters of water daily, and consider using a humidifier in your home or office.
Second, be attentive to your showering habits. As crazy as it may sound, it is best to try not to shower unless you have to. Over soaping your skin can strip it of its own natural oils, which are vital to keeping skin from drying out. Bathing in water that is too hot can also cause this.
Lastly, be sure to moisturize at least once every day. In particular, it is vital to moisturize after bathing. This is so important because while soap and water work to cleanse your skin, the heat from the shower opens up your pores, making for maximum absorbtion of your moisturizer.
Your Best Body Wash for Dry, Sensitive Skin
Puracy Natural Body Wash, Sulfate-Free Bath and Shower Gel
This product is free of most of the chemicals that bother sensitive skin. Not only is it sulfate, fragrance, and paraben free, it is also 100% vegan and gluten free. This coconut-based product is developed by doctors and has clinical grade moisturizing qualities.
Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisturizing Shower Gel, Bath and Body Wash
This all-natural product is fragrance and paraben free. It moisturizes with organic olive oil, aloe, and vitamin E. Enjoy this sumptuous lather and know that your skin is receiving all the tender love and care it needs!
Alba- Botanica Very Emollient Honey Mango Bath & Shower Gel
I doubt you will find another hypoallergenic product that smells so simply lovely! This could certainly be considered the best body wash for dry sensitive skin, it is free of perfumes, dyes, parabens, and a long list of other potential nasties. None of this will be missed when using this luxurious wash.
Burt’s Bees- Baby Shampoo & Wash
Why should baby get all the pampering? Burt’s Bees is sulfate and paraben free, and its fragrance is 100% naturally derived. It cleanses skin effectively and leaves it soft and supple. As an added benefit, the fragrance is subtle but very nice.
Dove- Sensitive Skin Body Wash
This product could be considered a classic. It is very gentle, but also rich and creamy. It works very well on extremely dry skin and has absolutely no trace of smell whatsoever. Your skin will be so soft, you’ll feel as if you just used a hydrating moisturizing cream